I reallised just how close I was to finishing Peony so decided to get her done. It only took 9 hours to finish her up so here's a Happy Dance!! I'm really pleased with how she turned out. I made a few changes to the beads including giving her rainbow beads on her wand to match the purple fabbie and I couched her wand and head swirls down rather than back stitched them.
Peony, Pixie Couture Collection, Nora Corbett. Stitched on 32 Ct Black Dahlia linen from Sparklies.
I haven't completely abandoned hope of achieving my 11 in 11 projects yet although it will be a bit of an uphill struggle. I'll re assess the situation after this weekends Hermit and Stitch. I'm hoping to get quite a lot done now my house is all comfortable again :-)
12 comments:
She looks fantastic, Charlie!!! I like that you couched the wand and hair thingies. You are a brave woman, lol. I cringe when I think of having to couch something, and do everything I can to avoid it, lol!!
Peony turned out great, and I love your fabric choice!
Happy Dance to you :) She is gorgeous :D
A beautiful finish. She really pops off that fabric. What a great combination.
She is beautiful. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.
She is just so beautiful on this fabric!! Congrats on you finish!
Happy Happy Dance with you!!! Peony is stunning and I love that you changed the beads to match the fabric. It works perfectly!! She is so pretty :D Good luck with finishing those projects! Take one stitch at a time and see how that goes :D
Congratulations Charlie she is beautiful!
Congratulations on such a beautiful finish. She's so vibrant on that fabric!
Stunning! Congratulations!! And you're that much closer to 11 in '11 ;D
uhuuu!! Congrats on your finish!! :D
I'm stitching Bluebell :) and this one is another I hope to stitch soon, I haven't decided yet between Peony or Orchid :p
AWESOME FINISH, CHARLIE!!! She looks sooooo pretty. :D
Post a Comment