Here she is!! I sat up late last night to finish the beading, I couldn't wait another day to share her.
I started her in February 2010 and I tried really hard to have her finished before my wedding in August but I have finally finished her for the contest on Mirabilia stitchers, after 9 months and 1 week. She is stitched on Misty Blue Belfast linen. I stitched her skin over one. It was my first attempt and (apart from the stretchmarks on her upper arm!) I am pleased with it.
The only other change I made to the charted design was to swap the beads on her green blanket to kreinik as I thought she might be a little uncomfortable sleeping on so many beads. I have loved this design, it has kept my interest right through despite being a bit of a whopper. Thank you for looking.
4 comments:
WOW! You flew right along on her. She looks great! I like the change you made in replacing the beads with kreinik :) She looks more comfortable now! So, what's next? :)
WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!! She's stunning, Charlie! Congrats on such a marvelous finish. I had to laugh when I read your comment about the beads.... good thinking there. ;)
Gorgeous! Love how her face looks when done over one.
Absolutely beautiful! I love how the one over one stitches just emphasizes her face. Congratulations on such a wonderful finish!
Post a Comment