Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Sparkly Griffin

Last night I also kitted up a sparkly griffin from Jeanette Crews Omnibook of Winged Things.  I have to get this finished for a Christmas gift too.  It is the design in the bottom right corner of the cover here.  This is my floss toss on the fabric I have for it.  It is really sparkly and the first time I have ever stitched on a hand dyed.

7 comments:

Z said...

It looks good. What is the fabric? Enquiring minds want to know :)

Joysze said...

Ooooooh, I can just see those yellows and browns popping on that fabric. Is it opal?? Yes, yes what's the fabric? Do tell do tell!!! :D

Charbs and the Bumpy Dog said...

Sorry! It is Charcoal Slate by Sparklies 28ct Opal. There aren't many sources of good hand dyed fabric here in the UK, but Sparklies seem really good. I'm waiting for another two bits so I can floss toss for Forest Goddess. xx

Andie said...

ooo very pretty! Can't wait to see a wip!

Kitty said...

LOL I was squinting at that fabric wondering if it was one of mine. You'd think I'd be able to recognise my own colours wouldn't you. Can't wait to see some progress piccies :)

Dabby said...

What a wonderfully talented daughter I have :>)

Charbs and the Bumpy Dog said...

Kitty, your fabric is gorgous! I have put my first few stitches into it today and I LOVE it! xxx.