Stitched on 32 Ct Shades of Autumn fabric from Sparklies.
I made just a couple of tiny changes, more tweaks really. There are some different fractionals on her face, her lips are darker than charted and (more obviously if you are familliar with this design) I have removed the beads she looked to be juggling, I just thought she looked enough without them, plus they would get a bit lost on this very mottled fabric. I also changed the red seed bead to a metalic magenta colour similar to the magenta kreinik used on the pattern. I think these look better on this fabric. And I also changed the beads on her neck line to a very very high shine gold, for me the bright red didn't work there. (I can find the mill hill number for these bead changes if anyone is interested)
I just adore this design, I have loved stitching it throughout and if you are considering it I highly recommend it. It is simply stunning and a fairly quick stitch.
At last I have a finish towards my 11 in 11, just 10 more left to go!
7 comments:
Congratulations! She looks absolutely stunning!
Lovely! So many details and so many pretty beads. Congratulations on this finish.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, Charlie. She's beautiful!!! :D Will you be framing her up?
She is beautiful, your changes look great too.
Congratulations on your Happy Dance!
She looks brilliant, and your changes look fabulous, I can see why you've done it.
Congrats and woohoo for a finish!
Congrats, she is so lovely to look at!!!
Hugs Yvon.
I'm just catching up with some blog reading and she is fabulous!!! Please please can you email me a photo for the gallery, pleeeeease :)
Post a Comment