Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Part 2 - A Start on the Reeds



I have finished one of the four reed beds and I'm hoping to have done them all before Part 3 is out.  I'm really pleased I waited for the Gloriana to arrive instead of making do with the DMC alternative.  The Winter Brook Gloriana is lovely and really makes this part I think, although I also love the shine of the marlit and the treasure braid in the 'snow'.  I'm sad that Anchor are stoping the marlit.  This is the first time I have used it and I quite like the stuff.

4 comments:

Ineke said...

Beautiful! Lovely colour shades in the green.

Joysze said...

Charlie, I'm happy right along with you on the Gloriana. It looks fabulous!!!!!! I'm loving this more every time I see a WIP.

Unknown said...

The colors are beautiful, i think it's a good thing you waited for the right threads.

Hugs Yvon.

Kate said...

That is so gorgeous Charlie!