Part 2 is half finished. I now have to wait for the Winter Brook Gloriana to arrive so I can stitch the plants and reeds. I'm not going to give in and stitch it in the DMC conversion as I did for the Heirloom Blue in Part 1 because i'm a bit disapointed with how different my DMC is to one i've seen in the silk. I'm still not sure if i'm going to frog that colour, which would be a huge amount of work. Here are a couple of pics of it as far as I can get. It is so subtle and looks just like soft glistening snow, I love it. I can't wait for my thread to arrive. Hope that you are having a good weekend.
3 comments:
Beautiful! Waiting for the missing threads must be very hard. I hope they will arrive soon.
Charlie, I'm glad that you're going to wait for the silks. Nothing quite matches up to the original floss, huh?
I don't know what to say about the frogging. It's a lot of work, and I would venture to say that when this piece is completed, you won't notice small difference in the DMC. At the same time.... I know if it was me, I'd tempted to frog too.
BTW... started a Chatelaine Stitchers' Blog: chatelainestitchers.blogspot.com Would love you have you and your gorgeous WIPs along for the ride. :D
I'm loosing it! I was sure I commented on here (definetly lost my mind) lol
Anyway, I think it looks great but if your not happy with it then frog it, otherwise it will forever bug you. What you have done of part 2 looks wonderful!
Post a Comment