Sunday, 24 July 2011

Stashing Weekend

I have had a very successfull stitching weekend.  Firstly I got Peony to 50% then I got my Tree of Stitches up to date.  This gorgous chart is by Abi Gurden, if you haven't already check out previous posts for the link to the Stitch Specialists Group.  There is only 1 part left now and its done :-).
Then as a special DH took me for a trip to the Hobbycraft Store.  Oh! I could spend our current national debt in that store!!  And they had swarovski crystals on clearance, I got LOADS.  And I bough a new storage system for my projects.  Current projects each have a drawer at the top, projects being kitted start at the bottom and work their way up as they get ready to start.  Eventually projects will pop out of the top complete, or at least thats the idea.

Plus I have done something totally crazy.  I have bought my first HAED chart, Magpie Fairy.  I have no plans to start this anytime soon.  I just bought it out of curiocity really.  I downloaded from the HAED site as once I had decided to have it there was no way I could possibly wait for the postie. I havn't even though how I will stitch it yet.

So all in all a thoroughly enjoyable weekend.  I hope that you too had a lovely weekend. xxxxx

11 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the magic cupboard - projects pop out finished!
The tree looks great, I must get the charts before she finishes doing them.

Sarah said...

Love the new storage! HAEDs aren't any more difficult than anything else. They're just lots of little x's...lots and lots of little x's!

Susan said...

Really like your storage cart. I need something to better organize my projects and that might just do it. I have a HAED all kitted and waiting, I'm intimidated by it. I know it's just lots of Xs but there are so many of them! Good luck with yours

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

I think every stitcher needs a magic cupboard!what a great idea, I wish I lived near a hobby craft i'd love to check one out

Andie said...

Love the tree! So gorgeous!! Awesome Magic cupboard :D I want one!! I've been looking at HAED's recently too............. :D

Unknown said...

i love your tree, the colors are perfect.
And your cupboard i want one !

The Head is looking very good, be warned when you start 1 you can't put it down, at least that's the way it works with me.

Hugs Yvon.

Rachel said...

I LOVE your new storage!!! I think I need one, lol. Your Tree of Stitches looks fantastic, I still haven't decided on colors yet, lol.

Good luck with the HAED, a warning though, they are addicting not only in stitching but collecting as well, lol!!

wendy111 said...

Love your TOS - nice choice of colours and placement. I am looking forward to the critters and finishing this soon. I bought a HAED pattern recently too (for the future when I run out of things to do!!!!)

Rachel said...

Hi Charlie,

I couldn't reply to your question through my email about my HAED winning chart, so I thought I would answer here so you would see it. Nope, it's not my first HAED. I have 5 that I have started, another will be started soon, I hope. I also have more charts than I can count, lol. I am planning on starting her in January when all my Round Robin obligations are done. :)

Joysze said...

Tree is looking great, Charlie. Those autumn colors are to die for. I keep thinking I should do this..... before the class is over.

Love your new project storage. Colors are so happy. :D

Daffycat said...

Very good idea for storing WIPs and ready-to-stitch projects! I'd be forever re-sorting what was next =)