Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Stitching in the Garden

Now that Summer is upon us (and we don't usually get enough of one in the UK!) I was wondering.  Does anybody else enjoy stitching outside?  I adore gardening almost as much as stitching but I have a love hate relationship with stitching outside.  Usually my chart/ threads/ ORTs get blown away and the sun glares of the chart and bugs sit on the stitching, although I guess should be flattered that they choose my stitched flowers over the reals ones.  I stitch in terror that a bird might poop on my work!  Usually I can manage about an hour then I pack up and move grumpily back to the house.  :-)  If you stitch outside do you have any tips to share?



This is my garden.  Everything is right on the verge of bursting into colour.  The Bearded Iris are my favourite flower.  I have some quite exciting ones.  I will share them when they come out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your photo's of the garden, and stitching outside is not for me, to much wind in these parts and i have to put a weight on everything to keep it in his place.
So the stitching is mostly done inside.

Hugs Yvon.

Sarah said...

I stitch outside a lot! I sit in the shade in a protected corner of our patio so the wind doesn't pick anything up and take it for a ride. That way I can watch my kids play while I stitch.

Good luck!

Joysze said...

You have a beautiful garden, Charlie. If I'm out there, I'd never stitch cos I'd be too distracted with all the beautiful stuff.

I don't stitch outdoors, since my frame won't fit on any of the outside chairs.

Poppypatchwork said...

Your garden looks great, I love this time of year, so full of promise. I hate stitching outside, just can't do it.

Joysze said...

Beautiful, Charlie!!! It makes me so happy to see beautiful nature scenes like these. :D