Over the bank holiday weekend I have been secret stitching, so no photo! I'm hoping to join in the Chatelaine smalls exchange. I'm loving doing the secret stitching and I'm excited to think that it may soon be winging it's way somewhere around the world. But.........
I am a bit worried though about the quality of my stitching. I don't lay my stitches, or even 'railroad' which is a term I only learnt a few months ago! It doesn't worry me if my stitches are not utterly perfect as long as they are reasonably neat (they always all lay the same way and generally not too many split threads) but I would be really very sad if someone was disapointed with my exchange. I'm quite a sensitive little soul really and I'd like to make someone very happy with their exchange. Has anybody any advice? Is it enough for my piece to be stitched with a great deal of love and friendship, (and lots of sparkly bling!) rather than outstanding technical ability and perfection? I'm certainly far from exhibition standard but I think that I would like to recieve the thing I'm stitching. But some people stitch to a much higher standard than me.
To be honest I've worried myself about this so much now I might drop out, I can't believe I'm having sleepless nights over cross stitch!!!!
Part 6 of Winter Watergarden was posted today so I'm starting that tonight :-)
3 comments:
Honestly Charlie, as long as your piece is stitched with love and friendship, that's all that matters! I would be honored to receive your piece if I were your chosen partner! :) My finishing skills are mediocre at best (I have really had no practice!) but I am hoping that is ok!
I am secret stitching for the smalls exchange as well :)
I think you will be awesome! I'd just go for it! If I was any good at finishing I'd join and I don't use a laying tool either, I'd be super happy with something you stitched so I'm sure your recipient would be too! :D
I can't speak for other people, Charlie, but if I would never be disappointed with a gift someone stitched for me. It's the love and care and time that's gone into something that makes it so important, and I'm sure your recipient will LOVE whatever you've stitched her. :)
Post a Comment