I've just cracked.
I have lost everything, literally everything, including my marbles.
My house is so close to being finished, but I have no clean clothes, no hot water, I have to go outside to come back in through a different door if I want to get out of the kitchen because the floor is wet concrete and has been for days. My digital camera is AWOL, I can't see my laptop under the dust. I tried and tried to hermit but when everthing you touch is grimmy and dusty you just don't enjoy stitching. We are soooooo close to the end, just one more floor, just one more..........
I had to watch the first episode of the new series of Downton Abbey on the internet on my laptop ballanced on the back of the sofa in the kitchen. It took hours (honestly) to download because there was a problem with the website so I didn't get to bed until 2am but I just had to watch it, I'd been so excited about it coming back on all Summer.
Work on the house ends on Thursday. I have Friday off for cleaning and dusting. Oh, I'm longing for the weekend and normality.
One bit of good news which made me very happy today is the arrival of my 75th follower. Thank you, thank you thank you and hello!!! Please don't leave, I promise lots of stitching updates very soon!!
6 comments:
It sounds like just a couple of more days and you can relax in a beautiful house. Good luck on the cleaning, that's the worst part, lol.
Deep breaths! It sounds like it will be finished soon and then you can sit back and enjoy it.
*hugs* It'll be over soon.......
Hang in there, you'll get there, and it'll all be worth it!!
Downton Abbey's back on???? I wonder how far behind we'll be here? Must go look it up and see! I was in panic there for a second, then remembered where you are - you get all the good TV first!
*hugs* Charlie, thinking of you!
Post a Comment