Friday, 30 September 2011

Biggest Happy Dance!!!

Here is my ever biggest Happy Dance to date, it's both reception rooms of my beautifull Victorian Cottage.  I've always loved Victorian property and was thrilled when we bought our house 5 years ago.  Since then we have been saving for this remodel (although our wedding and a few holidays set us back a couple of times :-)



I've tried so hard to put back all of the original Victorian features which were a ripped out by the last owner,  like the parquet floor, the victorian fireplace and radiators and the chandelier and all the pasterwork moldings.  We have even refurbished the original Victorian doors.  But at the same time I wanted the house to be very cosy and also modern, as well as lovely to live in.  I thrilled to bits with it.  I just can't believe its my house everytime I come home.  The first room with all its back glass furniture and the leather armchair is our study.  The black glass desk is hubbies as he works from home sometimes, but yes!!  You've guessed it.....  The armchair is all mine for stitching :-D

(In case you noticed on the third picture, I haven't finished hemming the curtains yet as they need to stretch out and drop before I hem them, I'll do it in another week or so)

CHALLENGE..........Can you spot The Bumpy Dog on these pictures????  I didn't even notice her when I first posted them.

13 comments:

Colours of the Outback said...

Absolutely stunning! I love your house, fabulous!

Lissanne said...

Your rooms are beautiful! I LOVE your chandelier, it is so pretty! You may not be able to find the bumpy dog anymore, she matches the sofa perfect, lol. It looks like she is waiting to watch your Eclipse DVD.

Agi said...

I really like the house, an yes, I have found him! Sitting on the sofa black on black, only his (her?) nose was the clue :)

Kate said...

Your house is Gorgeous Charlie! Love evrything you did!! :)

Anne said...

I think on the couch? The black mass? Lol, anywho, lovely remodeling! I adore that chandelier and the fireplace! Looks very cosy and inviting!

Andie said...

Wow Charlie! Can I come stay?! ;) Your house is absolutely beautiful! So have you finished all the remodelling or are you saving to then fix up another part?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful house!

It took me a minute to find her, she blended in so well!

Congratulations.

Shelleen said...

Your house is gorgeous!

Rowyn said...

Beautiful, no wonder you are so happy with it.

I'm an old house lover too. Our first home was a 1910 villa.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm guessing the Bumpy Dog on the sofa is Team Jacob?!!
Will you be using the open fire this winter, I used to love mine even though it was the only source of heating! This house is the first time we've had central heating and even that is fired by a wood burner. I told hubby he was lucky to find a wife who can light a real fire!
Love your chandelier too.

Susan said...

Stunning! Certainly looks like it was worth all the mess and dust.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow what a spectacular re-model! Love it!

Joysze said...

GORGEOUS, Charlie!! Well worth all those weeks of renovation. :D

ROFL at Bumpy.... don't sit on her by mistake!! ;)