I'm really really wacky. I have just read about a story on another blog which has upset me very much. The full story is on Heathers Blog I know a lot of fellow stitchers have already linked to this and the silver lining in the whole thing is the number of positive comments and support that Heather has had. At least it seems that most of the stitching community has a heart. But clearly not everybody. I do not ever want to send an exchange to the sort of nasty, materialistic bully who found it necessary to critisize a friendship gift that has been stitched for them with nothing but the hope of making them happy for a few momments. If anybody sends me an exchange or giveaway stitching I don't care if its stitched on linen, aida or 6ct binca!! I don't care if its finished well, average or as a first precious attempt. I care that there is someone, somewhere out there in this huge world (which is so full of war and dispair) who took a few hours of their life making something just to bring a smile to my face.
God bless all genuine exchangers and God bless Heather and her needles. I hope she finds it in herself to beat these bullies. If you haven't already please leave her some support. Cheers ; "Come on Heather" xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
PS
I'm getting my new digital camera today !! Lots of progress photos later....
6 comments:
Have just been over to Heather's blog and left her a message... Fantastic to see the flip side of the story in the outpouring of support from other members of the blogosphere.
Like you, I'm always thrilled to receive something that has been made for me. Can't believe how shallow some people can be...
Thanks so much for linking this.
i totally agree with you, and it's so lovelly that everyone all feels the same and wants to support heather
I agree with you also. She has so much support from stitchers. I hope she doesn't let one person deter her from blogging and from doing something she loves.
I was rather upset for Heather too. Even my DH (who I thought would think I was a bit crazy caring about the feelings of a person whose blog I had just come across) felt sorry for Heather. I don't understand it at all, as she seems like a talented finisher from the photos I've seen on her blog.
I'm with you in that it's the thought, friendship and effort that has gone into an exchange.
I clicked on the link and it said that the blog no longer exists.
I totally missed this when it was happening. :( I've read snippets here and there, but I don't know the whole story.... I'm so sorry to hear about her rough time from the other blogs, and that's just unforgivable!
I'm sorry that she took down her blog and she's hurting... :(
Post a Comment