Firstly my house is two thirds done, just the painting to finish and the floors to go down. At last! I'm sick of living in the kitchen in a swimming pool of brick and plaster dust :-(
Secondly, I was 30 on Saturday. As it was a big birthday I had a big party. We hired a canal boat for the day and 12 of my best and most drunken friends abandoned their children to the baby sitters, dressed themselves up as pirates and helped me to maraude and pillage the canals and rivers of middle England. I promise that I will post some pictures when friends send them to me.
These are some of my lovely gifts, which generally had a very pleasing stitchy theme....
The last news is horse related. Last Christmas I 'adopted' a miniature horse, Ransom. He was 6 months old and very nervous, he was quite ugly as his coat was grey and he was all gangly. All the other foals were much more friendly and pretty and soon found people who loved them, but poor Ransom was too shy to make friends. His owner said I could spend some time loving and training him, and perhaps even showing him if he turned out ok. I spent hours with him. Remember this picture I posted in the spring of Ransom having a go at jumping...........

Well just look at how my ugly ducking turned out!!
Scruffy little Randy is now MHCGB Cat B Champion Hallmarked Mi Kings Ransom, Reserve Grand Champion Anglo European Miniature Colour Horse of 2011.
Proud? Me? Just a bit ;-)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a grand time. The renovations are going much faster than I thought they would (although living with the dust and mess I'm sure it's seemed like ages). Congratulations to Ransom and you. I love "ugly duckling" stories.
Happy Birthday! Those are great gifts and it sounds like you all had a riot pirating around!! Love your "ugly" duckling who isn't ugly at all!! Super cute miniature!!
Happy Birthday!! And wahoo to Ransom and you both!!!
Proud?? Nope.... you don't sound it at all. LOL!! Congrats to both you and Ransom. He's gorgeous.
House is looking good..... hope it'll be finished soon, and HAPPy BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
Post a Comment