The thing about my Cranes at the moment is that, much as I love the design and my recent stitching, I keep getting distracted by the few early stitches I don't like. I figure that, once I have a load more stitching done on it I won't even notice the looser/wonkier ones. But its a Catch 22 situation, when I go to stitch I just end up staring at the bits I don't like and make very little progress. The progress I do make is far away from the 'bad' bit so it is still there staring right back at me.
This won't do, if I'm to complete 11 in 11 I can't afford to spend every evening staring at my stitches! I need to make progress and win back my enthusiasm for this project. So I have a plan. I am going to set my self a mini challenge. I am going to complete the area of the design around the bogey bit in as few days as possible (I'm currently thinking by next Monday the 24th January) then if I'm still unhappy I can frog the leaves I don't like, because I will have a much better idea of whether I have enough spare wool in the kit. If I ccomplete my challenge I will be 40% throught the design and I will have broken the back of it. This plan work well for my other projects to; after Cranes I can stitch Forest for a week then Part 2 of my Chatelaine will have arrived!! I love planning!!!!
This is the bit I'm doing.......

3 comments:
Great plan, Charlie. If I might offer a suggestion... you mentioned that your earlier threads were looser. Have you tried lightly tugging these stitches from the back? That way, your loose bits (well, of threads, not YOUR loose bits.... ROFL) will be in the back and the tension in the front could look like your later stitches.
Great idea. I've had a go tonight and it looks a bit better. Saddly my own loose and wonky bits might not be so easy to improve!!!
This is a lovely piece! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!
Post a Comment