I had a lovely day on Saturday, all snuggled up and stitching and made good progress on my cranes. I have got over my problems with this as I have realised that my first stitches weren't bad at all. Its just when the crewel is not tight after a day or two it dis-shapes itself in a way cross stitch simply doesn't. But as soon as it is tight again it sorts itself out perfectly. I just need to make sure it gets well framed when it is finished (and stop looking at my stitches on the bits not on the q-snaps!
I don't think crewel is very popular, (I don't get many views or comments on my blog for crewel updates), and I admit it isn't quite as enjoyable as cross stitch because the wool is a little frustrating, but the stitched effect is just stunning and I would like to encourage people to give it ago. Hubby loves the cranes and they will have pride of place in our house. I can't get him to agree to having any cross stitch up at all :-(
Here is my photo after the weekend......
I admit I haven't quite met my goal of 40% but I think 30% is now complete and I putting it away again now for a little while. So any crewel weary followers take heart!! Next updates will be Mirabilia and Chatelaine!!
6 comments:
You're right, the results are stunning! I've never tried crewel before but it looks really interesting.
Wow that is really pretty. Can't wait to see more of it develop.
I've never tried crewl before but after seeing your work thinking I might give it a shot. Looking forward to seeing your next update.
Oh Charlie.... this is GORGEOUS!!! It's no wonder your hubby wants that on the wall. I'm glad that the high tension of the fabric is smoothing out the edges. :D
I've done a couple of crewels and while the finished products were beautiful, I find that I enjoy cross-stitching a lot more.
Oh wow, look what you did. That looks absolutely stunning! You've put me to shame, it's gorgeous!
Oh that is gorgeous Charbs! It seems to glow!
Post a Comment