Friday, 7 January 2011

I'm frustrated

I had planned to start winter watergarden (WWG) (chatelaine) this weekend.  I ordered the stash I needed on Tuesday next day delivery and it still hasn't arrived.  I won't get it until at least monday now and one of the threads is out of stock and isn't coming anyway.  I will have to stitch something else.  I've got lots of stitching to do but I had somewhat 'geared up' for the chatelaine. 

My second frustration is with my crewel project Sacred Cranes.  As I had expected would happen I am now finding that my first areas look a bit shabby compared with the areas I have stitched now I've got a bit more practice. Its such a shame as the design is just stunning and if all my stitching looked like the bit I have done today and yesterday I would be thrilled.  I was pleased with my first stitching until I saw how much neater my recent stitching had got! This is the picture of is as it is at the momment....


I have loaded a page of my final 11 in 11 projects with pictures, I don't normally have more that 2 or 3 WIPS at any one time and I currently have 4 (including WWG) so this weekend I will likely be doing more Forest or Cranes.

1 comment:

Joysze said...

This looks really beautiful. I bet your first stitches are fine, and when the entire piece is done, you won't even notice that they not as impeccable as the rest. This is going to be a gorgeous piece.