Monday, 31 January 2011

Ghostwind and Part 2!

Today my car had a puncture so I had to stay at home until DH could fix it for me, I can't possibly get nasty dirty car grub on my lovely clean stitchy fingers! This meant I unexpectedly got in a day of stitching.  As I had put away Forest and Part 2 of WWG wasn't out I got Ghostwind out.  This has been my only ever long term WIP but I'm determined to get him finished this year.  Today I finished up a section which had been bugging me for ages so my mojo for him feels well and truly boosted.  Just slightly less than the last 3 pages left to go with him now.


But he is back in his box again now because Part 2 of WWG has arrived, and bugger!!  would you believe it I'm short of a silk AGAIN.  And it is out of stock like the last one.  I think stitching a Chatelaine in the UK must be one of the most frustrating things ever!  It is so hard to find all the fibres and I haven't even started on kitting up the beads yet.  I think there is a bit I can be getting on with so a photo in the next day or two for sure I think.

Thank you for your lovely comments on our party frocks, but you would have laughed if only you could have seen the back of the gowns and all the pins holding them on!!  We had nearly all got a little bit bigger since our wedding days, only one of the dresses was actually done up.

3 comments:

Joysze said...

Mmmm.... he sure is a handsome stud, isn't he? But I can understand putting him away in favor of WWG. :D Would it be super expensive to order entire Chatelaine kits from europeanxs so that you'll have everything in hand?

Crystal said...

Love your ghost wind, he is getting closer to being finished.

Andie said...

He looks fantastic! This is the 3rd Chatelaine I have kitted up, I got all the kits from European XS, they are really good! This is the first time they have not had a few threads in!