Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Winter Watergarden - A Start

I have started my first ever Chatelaine!  Its fun stitching with the speciality threads, I've used Dinky Dyes silk Perle, some Waterlilies and Treasure Braid none of which I had even seen before. Kreink used to be adventurous for me! I'm still 1 colour down which is on back order so I'm really hoping it arrives and I can finish part 1 before part 2 is out in February.  In the mean time I have plenty to do.  The 'pond' needs filling in, there is quite a bit of blackwork and about 100 tiny silver snowflakes to stitch. 

I don't think you can see much from these pictures but I was so excited that I wanted to post my very first few hours.


5 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks very pretty! I like the shimmer :) I am a little jealous, lol, I want to stitch a Chatelaine! I have one, maybe I should just dig it out and stitch it instead of hiding from it, lol!

SnowySticher said...

great start, those things are huge

Andie said...

Oh gorgeous! I'm jealous!! Post lots of pics!!! :)

Joysze said...

Great start, Charlie!!! Can't wait to see more. :D

Beaupippin said...

Cant wait to see more of this one!