Here is my Ghostwind Happy Dance :-D
He was a kit I bought from Kustom Krafts. He is stitched on 18ct dove grey aida. He was started in February 2009 so he is my longest WIP by a long way, but he was never a UFO, I stitched a little on him nearly every month or so, until 10 days ago I decided I was going to enter him in my village show and went all guns out to get him finished. Thank you so much for your lovely comments spuring me on.
I love our little village produce show. They have a cross stitch class and I have come first 4 out of the last 5 years. The year I didn't win I was second, so fingers crossed!! My turnips and parsnips have never won a thing :-( but I got a trophy once for the 'my best flower' class with a miniature sunflower :-) its all just a bit of harvest time fun but the biggest pumpkin grown on the village allotments gets quite unneccessarily serious. There are occassionally shocking rumours of cheating!!
Ghost is now on his way to the framers who have promised to have him finished by friday ready for next weekends show.
13 comments:
Yay!! Happy Dance!! What an amazing race to the finish! Ghostwind looks beautiful and I'm sure it will win at the village produce show. I wish I could experience on of those events, and to hear the nutty stories of cheating!!
Congrats on finishing! Best of luck at the show.
Ok, clearly I'm missing something. How do you cheat at a pumpkin competition? Are you supposed to switch your pumpkin with a better one or something? Paint it to make it look more orange? Curious minds want to know!
Fabulous finish , well done .X
Congrats on your finish, i love to see this one framed.
All the best for the show.
Hugs Yvon.
I love this! Congratulations and best of luck at the show!! :)
You did it, well done. It's gonna have to be something extra- exceptional to stop you coming first again this year. Ghostwind is a beauty!
So you are now a 'Twi-hard' (Twilight lover) too. Welcome to the club! :-) Paulette at Plum Street Samplers has two Twilight freebies if you are interested -
E is for Edward
http://plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/plum_street_samplers/freebie/page/3/
J is for Jacob
http://plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/plum_street_samplers/2008/09/here-doggy-dogg.html
Charlie, check your yuku inbox :)
Congrats on the Happy Dance, knew you could do it!
And yes, please tell us more about cheating pumpkins :-)
congratulations, Ghostwind looks beautiful! fingers crossed for your first place:)
YAY!!! HAppy dance :) He is really gorgeous and I bet you'll win on the show with him, I'm really happy that you were able to finish him on time :)
This is beautiful!! Congrats on you finish, I can't wait to see the framed piece. Hope you win first place for this, you deserve it after years of working on it!
Congratulations Charlie on getting this wonderful design finished. Nothing like a deadline! Hope it wins first prize for you. You can get back to reading now!
YAY!!!! I knew you could to is!! He looks fantastic, and good luck village show!!
Post a Comment