Wednesday, 10 August 2011

It Arrived!!

My exchange parcel arrived safely with Katri in Finland and she sent me a lovely e-mail.  Thank you Katri!  I was very relieved to find that Katri was my exchange partner as I know from her blog she has the most amazing Bermese Mountain Dog.  As I also have two large black dogs this made me a lot less worried in case I accidentally included some extra 'fibres' in the parcel ;-) Although I did try to remove any that I could find.

So now I can reveal what my secret stitching was.  I stitched a biscornu on 32 ct 'la creme' opal linen by Sugarmaple.  Half was Debbies Roses and the other half was Manuelas Sunflower, but without its scrollwork.  Instead I added some personalisation to the design to mark the exchange and I also added a Ladybug charm and Just Nans Sparkle Bee which is my favourite charm. 




I will work on my finishing this year to try to make a few needlebooks/rolls and scissor fobs so I have some differnet items to send.  But as I'm still very new to finishing and I wanted to send out something well made I played it safe this time with a biscornu ;-)

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Katri is very lucky! It's gorgeous, Charlie! Just perfect. I love the lady bug and bee charms you added! They are too cute. You did a fantastic job! :)

Lissanne said...

Your biscournu is gorgeous!! I love the bee and lady bug! The personalization really makes it special to remember!

Carrie said...

Very pretty! I just love the charms!

Kate said...

That is so adorable!! Well done!

Andie said...

Well done Charlie! Thats wonderful! I'm impressed with your finishing ability ! :D

Agi said...

That is really beautiful, I like the idea of personalisation, looks just perfect!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's gorgeous, what a lovely exchange gift.

Unknown said...

they are very very beautiful, i love the charms that you put on them and your stitching and colors are looking very good.

Hugs Yvon.

Joysze said...

Love your small, Charlie!! It's perfect with the added charms. I'm sure Katri fell in love with it immediately. :D

Needlearts Kelly said...

That is beautiful! You did a lovely job.

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love how you combined the two designs.