Thursday, 4 August 2011

My First HAED Stitches!!!

Here are my very first ever stitches on a HAED!  This is Maggy (Josephine Walls Magpie Fairy, charted by HAED)  I didn't plan to start her this year, but once the chart was printed I just couldn't stop looking at it and planning how to stitch her.  I have chosen to sticth her 2 over 1 on 20ct Bellana (denim blue).  I want to give myself the best possible chance of finishing her, so I ruled out a higher stitch count fabbie.  I'm finding that the coverage is really excellent and yet it is still easy to stitch and my needle goes through just fine.  I have drawn my grids on with biro, I can't remember where this tip came from.  Its more manageable that gridding for a HAED novice without a scroll frame and the stitching covers the marks completely.

Here she is after the first few hours....... (colours show better on the top photo, bottom photo has no flash hence the difference).



I am going to try to pursade DH to buy me a floor frame for my birthday in September :-)

9 comments:

Andie said...

Looks like you got a lot done already!

Susan said...

You got a lot done! I have two HAEDs kitted but have not had the nerve to start them. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Unknown said...

Great start, that's a lot you've done already.

Hugs Yvon.

demeter83 said...

Be warned, they're completely addictive. I only started stitching HAED this year and I've got two on the go and I've got (I think - from memory) another 10 charts waiting to be started... I'll never need to buy kits or charts again (but I still will)!
Good luck, hope you enjoy it as much as I'm loving mine!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another first! Chatelaine and now HAED; 2011 is definitely your year for new adventures! Looking forward to seeing this grow.

Rachel said...

You have made a great start, Charlie! HAED are totally addicting :) I have 5 on the go and another...probably 30 or more waiting their turn. :) I can't wait to see more of your updates! :D

Joysze said...

Great start, Charlie!!! :D Looking forward to seeing the next piccie. :D

Agi said...

Good luck with your Maggie! I am doing Train if Dreams and I love it! BTW I just realised my blog was private, I just changed it to public...

wendy111 said...

I love that you have started a HAED. I look forward to seeing it grow. I now have a couple of charts but haven't started them yet.