Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Close of Poll

Thank you for your lovely comments about Little Lily.  I've never had so many comments, they made me very happy :-D

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in my first polls.  The results were very interesting.  As a result I have decided to start Tree of Stitches by Abi Gurden (The Stitch Specialists).  I'm going to stitch the tree in Autumn colours, here is the floss toss............

And here are my first few parts..........

I'm really enjoying it and Abis instruction are brilliant.  It is so lovely when kind people take the time to design and share their toils with others.  I wish I was so clever!!  I'm holding off with the Startgazer V's Lady Alexandra as the result wasn't absolutly clear, (less than half said Lady A over Stargazer) and I'm still really unsure myself.  Hopefully the answer will come to me shortly.  In the mean time I have plenty to do, I've got Winterwater Garden Part 6 to finish before the end of the month.

9 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, that's stitching up really quickly! It does look beautiful too. I'm rvery tempted now.

Joysze said...

Love the colors you picked, Charlie and you're stitching it up so fast!!

Unknown said...

That looks stunning, i love the colors you are using.

Hugs Yvon.

Rachel said...

It's so beautiful!! I just can not decide on a color scheme for mine, lol. I think I just need to dive into my thread and swim around in it, lol. I like your Autumn colors! My favorite season. :)

wendy111 said...

Love your choice of colours and your fabric. This is going to be a lovely tree. It is a really nice piece to stitch with the different stitches. I am impatiently waiting for the next part.

Bee said...

It's already looking incredible, Charlie - it looks amazing against the dark fabric, the colours really jump out! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!
Abi
x

Nancy in IL said...

Charlie, lovely blog, and the colors you chose for the Tree are marvelous! Great job! I also love your Mirabilia finish. The beading is beautiful! Good choice in picking color for the change.

Andie said...

Gosh dunno what I did with my comment yesterday! LOL Anyway... It looks gorgeous!!!

Anne said...

The colours you chose are lovely. Your autumn tree will look brilliant when done.