Friday, 10 June 2011

Question for exchangers?

I am just finishing up the stitching on my Chatelaine Smalls Exchange item and I have a question.  I have noticed that most people include a small gift item along with their exchange (eg skein of floss).  However now my 'item' is nearly finished I think it would look much more special if it included a couple of rather expensive (but gorgous!) Just Nan charms I have found in the on-line needlework shop. So here is the question....

Which would you rather receive, an exchange item 'upgraded' with gorgous charms or the exchange item without charms but with a small gift?  I would rather not do both as it is likely I will be mailing overseas and I have already spent rather a lot on fabbie, beads and floss.  Plus I need to save up for the bead kit for Winter Watergarden.  Please leave a comment if you have an opinion on this as it will really help me out.

Thank you for your lovely messages about my accident.  I am starting to feel a little better.  Although this week has been quite hard at times,  I am feeling a bit more normal each day. Your comments have really cheered me up  :-)

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'd say add the gorgeous charms! It's nice to get different threads but I think the charms are a very thoughtful touch and will make the exchange more personal.

Daffycat said...

Unless the exchange rules demand the gift I'd add the charms. Getting an extra-special stitched piece is better than any stash!

Joysze said...

Another check in the charms column. That would definitely be my preference, as I don't stash much, so I'd prefer receiving an extra gorgeous exchange.

Rachel said...

I would say it's up to you, but I think the charms would be even more special :) Since the exchange doesn't require anything additional beyond the stitched piece, I wouldn't worry too much about extras. Adding the extra charms would mean that you put that much more thought into the piece :)