Sunday, 19 June 2011

Lily of The Valley Happy Dance!!

She took a couple of months in the end and cause my biggest mojo loss in ages, but I'm finally finished.  And she has grown on my now she has her beads.  I made a few very small changes.  Biggest change was the colour of the beads on her dress.  They were supposed to be the same beads as the yellow ones on her wings but when I put them on they looked wrong to me so I unpicked all of them and re did them in a much paler pearl coloured bead.  I also changed the blue beads on her arm drape things to silver droplet beads to match the other strand.  I love how they look like dew drops. I changed the darkest blue in her wings to the same krenik as the back stitch and I used a blend instead of this colour where it appeared in her skirt as I forgot to take the colour with me on holiday when I started her.

So....  at long last, here she is :-)




17 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats , she is looking very good.

Hugs Yvon.

wendy111 said...

Charlie, she looks lovely. I love all the sparkle from the beads. Congratulations and enjoy your happy dance

Sarah said...

Very pretty finish! Congrats!!

Rachel said...

She's beautiful, Charlie! I never realized how beaded she was!! I think your changes are beautiful, and I love the 'dew drop' look to her arm drapey thingies! Congrats on such a beautiful finish, and I hope the stitching mojo stays strong with you! :)

Lissanne said...

She is so pretty! I love the colors you changed to. Congratulations on her finish!

Blu said...

Congratulations! She looks fantastic!

Kitty said...

Beautiful, congratulations L)

Andie said...

OH wow! She is gorgeous! And so much more beautiful than I thought she was! Wanna trade for the chart? ;) lol

Joysze said...

Yay, Charlie. She's STUNNING. Love, love her. I like your color changes as well.... might have to steal them from you. :D

Anne said...

The changes you made work perfectly! I love those teardrop beads. What a pretty fairy!! Congrats!

Z said...

She looks great. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful, so delicate. I just love Nora's designs, but forget how heavily beaded they are - well worth the effort though!

Julie said...

She's beautiful. Well done! x

Kahlan said...

She is beautiful,and I admire you on your patience for so much beading.

demeter83 said...

She's absolutely stunning, absolutely love her, and generally quite jealous of this absolutely beautiful finish!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

She look's gorgeous, some great changes too. The beading is perfect for her.

SnowySticher said...

wow she is fantastic